A pedicure is a cosmetic service performed in a salon to the feet and toenails. PediCare is a healthy alternative to a pedicure. Many of our clients come to us for treatment because of infection or damage from unclean salon care.
PediCare in our office is a safer alternative for you and features:
* Foot care by a Certified Medical Nail Technician who is trained to work safely on your feet.
* A clean medical setting under the direction of a podiatrist.
* Adherence to aseptic techniques to guarantee cleanliness with no transfer of infection.
* Complete medical sterilization of all instruments.
* Use of personal protective equipment to ensure your health and safety.
* Nail restoration availability to restore damaged nails to a normal healthy appearance.
A Certified Medical Nail Technician is a state-licensed nail technician who has completed advanced training. After taking courses and passing examinations, the individual is required to fulfill an internship under the direction of a podiatrist in a medical office. The certification is earned upon the completion of this training.
Our Certified Medical Nail Technicians are trained to trim toenails as well as perform cosmetic reduction of thickened toenails, calluses, corns and ingrown nails. They also provide these foot care services to clients who are at greater risk of infection, including those with diabetes, poor circulation or impaired feeling in the feet.
Completed by our Certified Medical Nail Technicians under the direction of our podiatrists.
* One Half-hour PediCare: A no-frills service that includes toenail trimming, callus and corn reduction and the post-service application of moisturizer – $50
* One Hour PediCare: A pampering service of hydrotherapy or warm mitt skin softening, relaxing foot and ankle massage and reduction of calluses and corns – $70
*One Half-hour Foot and Leg Massage: A relaxing massage of the feet, ankles and legs for those who need that extra-special touch – $35
Those clients who cannot medically receive hydrotherapy will be soaked for 1 minute, then a moisturizing cream will be applied and a plastic cover placed over the cream. The feet then will be placed in warm mitts to soften in preparation for PediCare.
Application of nail polish is included. Polish must be provided at the time of service, and it can be brought in by the client or obtained at our salon. Polishes are available for purchase at the salon, and some are available at no charge for the product.
To experience our PediCare service in a safe and clean environment, make an appointment with us today! Call 740.363.4373
|Mondays||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (appointment required)|
|Tuesdays||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (appointment required)|
|Wednesdays||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (appointment required)|
|Thursdays||8 a.m. to 6 p.m. (appointment required)|
|Fridays||8 a.m. to 3 p.m. (appointment required)|
Stella Leonard, who was born and raised in Columbus, rejoined FAAWC in April 2016.
She received her manicurist license from Class Act School of Cosmetology in Chillicothe and has been a nail technician since 2005.
Stella has taken advanced courses through the MediNail Learning Center to become Certified Medical Nail Technicians.
FAAWC is proud to offer you PediCare with Stella’s professional knowledge and expertise.
Daphne Fifield, who has been a nail tech for 7 years.
Daphne has background in elder resident care. She was attracted to FAAWC because it allows her to perform her skill set in a safer manner with sterilized instruments.
Book your PediCare appointment with Daphne soon.